Zucchini season is here and when I'm not spiralizing them with fresh pesto, I love using zucchini for baking.
These muffins are vegan, gluten free and nut free plus are packed with fibre and protein, making them perfect for snacks or breakfast on the go.
For the muffins:
Zucchini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are healthy, moist and insanely delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons melted Botanica coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 flax egg
- 1 cup shredded yellow zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegan Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners or spray the tin with avocado oil.
- Squeeze shredded zucchini of excess water with a paper towel! This is an important step.
- In a medium bowl combine coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a bowl, add mashed banana, coconut oil, honey, vanilla and eggs; mix until smooth. Add in zucchini and coconut milk, and beat again until well combined. Slowly mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Remember not to over mix the batter -- we want moist muffins! Gently fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide batter into muffin cups. The batter will probably reach the top of each muffin liner, but that's okay -- we're making big muffins! Alternatively, you can reduce the size and bake 15 muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Enjoy!-
Let me know how you like them!!
Tag me on social media if you do try them out @thesoulfulsprout