Zucchini season is here and being a Holistic Nutritionist it's important for me to eat seasonally fresh produce. So when I'm not spiralizing them with fresh pesto to make "pasta" topped with nutritional yeast, I love using zucchinis for baking.
These zucchini muffins are vegan, gluten-free and nut free plus are packed with fibre and protein, making them perfect for snacks or breakfast on the go.
For the muffins:
Zucchini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are healthy, moist and insanely delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons melted Botanica coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 flax egg
- 1 cup shredded yellow zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegan Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners or spray the tin with avocado oil.
- Squeeze shredded zucchini of excess water with a paper towel! This is an important step.
- In a medium bowl combine coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a bowl, add mashed banana, coconut oil, honey, vanilla and eggs; mix until smooth. Add in zucchini and coconut milk, and beat again until well combined. Slowly mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Remember not to over mix the batter -- we want moist muffins! Gently fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide batter into muffin cups. The batter will probably reach the top of each muffin liner, but that's okay -- we're making big muffins! Alternatively, you can reduce the size and bake 15 muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Enjoy!-
Let me know how you like them!!
Tag me on social media if you do try them out @thesoulfulsprout